Monday, January 2, 2012

It’s my turn :)

 

I’m 32 weeks along as of today.  And with it being the New Year, I can now say that I am officially “due” next month! That seems so strange, but I really could still be pregnant into March, so I’m trying not to get hung up on the dates.

Since I’m planning a homebirth, and have only ever given birth before in hospitals, I’ve been reading TONS of birth stories- mostly about homebirths. I’ve been trying to look out for things that sound like what normally happen in my labors, and compare them to the memories of my first two births, to kind of try and visualize how this birth will go. As I think back to the births of my first two sons, I realized that I never really wrote them down. I didn’t start blogging until my oldest was about 7 months old, and then when the second was born, I really didn’t feel like going into too much detail on the blog about it, because I still felt a little “misunderstood” about my natural childbirth, and I guess I just wanted to keep the memory to myself and hold it a little bit sacred, but now I’m realizing, after reading all these amazing stories, that even though mine were pretty typical and uneventful, they were still very special and amazing, and I don’t want to forget any more about them than I already have.   So please, bear with me, as I attempt to recall the sequence of events with my first two births.  I also am pretty hormonal right now, and feeling sentimental, but I’ll try and stick to the facts, and my memories of how I felt at the time, and not how I feel now about it…

Thanks,

Alaina

P.S. THEY ARE LONG!

Baby Milo

Milo, all wrapped up the morning after being born.

IMG_7099

Me, between 2-5 cm dilated in labor with Oliver

104

A new family of 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment